Translate

Tuesday 26 August 2014

Random Blog Post of the Day: Mayor of London, England Boris Johnson confirms Uxbridge as target seat

Current Mayor of London, England and Former MP for Henley

I admit when it comes to British Politics I don't know much about it, but from what I have read and seen about the current Mayor of London and former MP Boris Johnson I think he would make a somewhat good MP. The reason for this being that he used to be an MP for Henley before becoming  Mayor, and the fact that he has been twice elected Mayor of London as the Conservative Party candidate both times with slightly over 50% of the popular vote. There are also rumours that if the current Prime Minister of Great Britain David Cameron steps down after next years general election because of not being able to deliver on his promise of holding a referendum on whether or not Britain should stay in the European Union (EU) that Jonnson himself would seek to be the leader of the Conservative Party. Though I wouldn't support the party myself if I were a British citizen, I still think he would make a good leader of the Conservative Party and certainly a more likable one.

Link to article:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28935394

No comments:

Post a Comment