Translate

Tuesday 26 August 2014

Random Blog Post of the Day: Labour's three gender options for passports

Labour Party MP for Manurewa Louisa Wall
Louisa Wall (she also introduced her same sex marriage bill which got passed into law in New Zealand last year) has released one of the Labour Parties policies, which is that under a Labour led Government they would have three gender options for passports as well as drivers' licences. Usually I don't tend to support Labours policies but I fully support this one because I think it will go some way to ending discrimination againt the LGBTI (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and ) community in New Zealand, though in an election year I don't think it will get them many more votes. A better part of the policy in my opinion is that Labour wants the laws changed so that so that couples who are not married or same sex couples in a civil union can adopt. The Labour Party also wants better support for young people who are bullied because of their sexual identities, I think this part of the policy along with the part about adoption will be more likely to get them votes . So to end I fully support this policy from the Labour Party even though I usually don't tend to support their other ones.

Link to article:  http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/news/article.cfm?c_id=280&objectid=11314694

No comments:

Post a Comment